Monday, 1 October 2012

Ellie Goulding - Guns and Horses (Cover)


So this might not be the best production ever, but it is the one I'm most proud of. A while back I recorded a friend playing her guitar in a noisy reverberant environment. I took a look at the recording and it was loaded with noise and timing errors, so I left it. One day I came back to it and thought, "right, let's jazz it up!". So I took the recording and added my own flair, even a bit of jazz which isn't exactly my specialist genre, nor is pop for that matter. I added an array of  instruments all free plugins of course, and mixed and mastered away. I have never spent so long trying to perfect something and even now I think there's parts which need work. I produced this using a Laptop, Reaper and freeware, not even a MIDI keyboard so I really had to fight those timing changes with the laptop MIDI keyboard which had horrible latency.






No comments:

Post a Comment